Acting in the public interest
The IFA is committed to acting in the public interest and maintaining public confidence in the accountancy profession by promoting the highest professional and ethical standards.
Our commitment to acting in the public interest manifests itself in a number of ways:
- Having exacting criteria to routes to membership, which involves a qualification, experience and training.
- Requiring members to adhere to IFA's bye-laws, regulations, standards and guidance.
- Ensuring members meet the required standards for conduct and competence by fulfilling their continuing professional development obligations.
- Investigating complaints about a member's conduct or competence, in accordance with IFA's disciplinary regulations.
- Responding to public consultations on matters which affect the future of the accounting profession.