Coronavirus update 17.03.20
In these unprecedented times, we as an organisation must ensure the safety of our staff and members and all our families. After much discussion I have therefore reluctantly made the decision to:
- Cancel branch meetings with immediate effect until September.
- Postpone workshops and the London conference until September.
- Postpone The IFA Awards until 2021.
Many of our speakers have been advised by their organisations to limit their external engagements while some of our venues have taken the decision to close.
We will not be able to set new dates for these events until we know more about the situation around the world in the weeks and months ahead. Everyone who has registered or paid to attend one of these events or who has made a nomination for the IFA Awards will be contacted by Linda Wallace separately over the coming days with further details.
I have also made the decision to transfer operations from the London office to home working as of Wednesday 18 March. I would ask you to contact us by email in the first instance. Our main email addresses that we will be monitoring are:
- Membership: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compliance: email@example.com
- Anti-money laundering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: email@example.com
- Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General: email@example.com
- Finance: for finance related enquiries please contact joleneVW@ifa.org.uk.
We will be diverting the IFA phone lines so that we can respond to and make calls remotely. Please bear with us if we have any teething issues.
As information is changing daily I will continue to review our choices and to keep you updated on our decisions as soon as I possibly can.
For many of you I know that this time will represent a challenge. Our communities need your skills and expertise and I hope that you will be able to rearrange face to face client meetings with calls and video conferencing.
In these times, it is important that we look out for one another and I know that you will.
John Edwards FFA FIPA