IFA update - here to help
The world we all live in is showing itself to be more volatile than ever, with the pace and level of disruption to all aspects of our lives and respective businesses unclear. This “new normal” has most of us unsettled as we look to get back into our daily work lives and offer measurable productivity.
In light of the evolving coronavirus situation, I want to share an update on what the IFA is doing to help and support members during this difficult time.
- We have set up dedicated web pages that include links to Government resources for businesses and self-employed as well as other key resources which you, your employer or clients may find useful while you work remotely or are in self-isolation.
- We recommend that you visit the Government website to keep up to date with the latest information and advice on the help and support available.
- We have added more online CPD courses from our partner Accountingcpd to our webinars and online learning resources with special discounts for IFA members. There are plenty of free webinars online as well.
- The digital hub Financial Accountant features a wealth of articles and news items offering help and advice on coronavirus and its impact.
All visits, such as AML compliance visits and business development visits to member firms and members will be conducted over the phone until further notice. Should you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate to contact the IFA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and if it is in relation to your AML visit, please contact your AML reviewer directly.
Our speakers have been advised by their organisations to cease their external engagements while most of our venues have taken the decision to close.
In light of Government guidance we have:
- Cancelled all branch meetings with immediate effect until September 2020 and postponed workshops until further notice.
- Postponed The IFA Awards on 24 September 2020 to manage contractual and financial risks. We will let you know the new date as soon as possible.
- Rescheduled the London conference to 30 September 2020.
Linda Wallace has contacted everyone who has registered or paid to attend one of the above events or who has made a nomination for the IFA Awards.
Contacting the IFA
Following Government guidance, the IFA team have successfully transitioned from the London office to home working which means we can continue business as usual and support members.
As a reminder I would ask you to contact us by email in the first instance. Our main email addresses that we will be monitoring are:
- Membership: email@example.com
- Compliance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anti-money laundering: email@example.com
- Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events: email@example.com
- General: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance: for finance related enquiries please contact joleneVW@ifa.org.uk
The situation is rapidly evolving and I will be in touch as soon as I possibly can when there are further changes.
I know that for many of you this is a challenging time. Your skills and expertise are much needed by our communities and I know many of you have been able to rearrange face to face client meetings with calls and video conferencing.
Our thoughts go out to everyone affected by this unprecedented event — we are all in this together and we send our best wishes to you all.
I thank you for your loyal support and understanding in these exceptional times.
John Edwards FFA FIPA
Chief Executive Officer