We are recruiting for a Compliance Support Assistant
Compliance Support Assistant (London)
We are recruiting a compliance support assistant to join the compliance team at The Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA), a professional membership body based in central London. The IFA is part of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Group, the world’s largest small to medium-sized enterprise-focused accountancy group, with more than 40,000 members and students in over 80 countries.
Permanent, full time
Central London office based with some flexibility to work from home.
Reporting to IFA Compliance Manager
Salary: £25,000 per annum + benefits
The compliance support assistant will be part of a small, friendly team that is responsible for monitoring compliance with IFA bye-laws and regulations and UK Anti-Money laundering regulations.
- Supporting the Compliance team with the preparation of risk assessments for new firms and updating the risk assessments for existing firms.
- Ensuring the record keeping for all risk assessments is fit for purpose and up to date.
- Assisting the Compliance Manager in the risk assessment follow up process, particularly in the record keeping processes.
- Monitoring the firm and affiliate returns and assisting in the sending of AMLCC codes.
- Ensuring firms have uploaded PII insurance documentation.
- Responding to queries in the compliance and AML email inboxes.
- Responding to members’ telephone enquiries and assist members in completing their firm returns.
- Experience of working in a compliance or professional/membership body environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and mail merge.
- Confident with databases.
- Ability to problem solve on IT systems.
- Able to plan, organize, prioritise and re-prioritise own work efficiently.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all documentation and communications.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- Willingness to learn.
Send a current CV and covering letter detailing your current salary and notice period to:
Closing date for applications is Friday 30 July 2021
All applicants must be able to provide at interview stage their highest education certificates as listed on their CV and verification of their eligibility to live and work in the UK.
The IFA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusion across gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, colour, race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, and disability. We believe that diversity and inclusion in our team is integral to our success in supporting the UK’s vast array of small businesses.
Any successful applicant would undergo a basic Disclosure and Barring Services check prior to taking up an offer of employment.
Applicants are advised to apply early. We reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applications are received. If you are successful and short listed for interview you will be contacted by email.
All applications to be received by 30 July 2021, any applications received after this date will be held on file for a maximum of 3 months and reviewed if the first round of applicants are unsuccessful.