Charities – Undertaking an Independent Examination
The risks of undertaking an independent examination are frequently not fully appreciated by practitioners.
Building on the core knowledge gained in the previous three webinars this webinar will go through how to complete an independent examination on a step-by-step basis.
Specifically, it will look at the following areas:
- Technical resources provided by the IFA
- Technical resources provided by the Charity Commission
- A review of the 13 Charity Commission Directions and the work that is needed to comply with them
- The requirement to whistleblow to the Commission
- Common 'pitfalls' and problems
Thursday, 9 September 10am - 12pm
CPD hours: 2
Price: IFA members - £45
Non-members - £59
About the speaker
Matthew Shaw is the Managing Director of Metis Compliance Limited. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
He has spent over 23 years in technical and training, previously being the technical director of the HAT Group of Accountants (HAT).
Matthew has lectured to accountants in practice, accountants in industry and financial institutions on UK Financial Reporting. He also spearheaded HAT’s response to FRS 102 and FRS 102 Section 1A, preparing disclosure checklists and work programmes.