An essential workshop for proprietors of practices. It will ensure that you have not misinterpreted the requirements of either the small or micro regimes. Whilst charities and LLPs will be mentioned the course will focus on the financial report requirements for companies.
New dates coming soon!!
- The financial reporting options available to small and micro entities.
- The definition of what small or micro entities actually are.
- A refresher of the audit exemption threshold.
- What small and micro financial statements look like.
- Filing options.
- Accounting under FRS 102 Section 1A for tangible fixed assets and investment properties, including (revaluations), financial instruments, intangibles, lease incentives, foreign exchange, holiday pay accruals and many more area.
- The difference between the accounting requirement for small and micro entities.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is suitable for all staff who prepare financial statements for small and micro entities. A good basic understanding of financial reporting would be useful, either gained through study or practical work experience.
About the speaker
Matthew Shaw is the Managing Director of Metis Compliance Limited. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
He has spent over 23 years in technical and training, previously being the technical director of the HAT Group of Accountants (HAT).
Matthew has lectured to accountants in practice, accountants in industry and financial institutions on UK Financial Reporting. He also spearheaded HAT’s response to FRS 102 and FRS 102 Section 1A, preparing disclosure checklists and work programmes.