IFA GDRP Workshop
In May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. In this workshop we will look at what this means and what you need to do in order to prepare your business for the changes in data protection legislation and how to comply with the law.
GDPR builds on the existing Data Protection Act 1998 moving from best practice for organisations to actual requirements. Some of the changes are significant, and will require thought, planning and documentation to comply.
Accountants will be affected by this regulation and need to know what to do to prepare themselves and their practices to remain within the law. This workshop will help delegates understand the changes facing them and how to prepare so that they can work towards compliance by May 2018.
- An introduction to the GDPR
- The fundamentals of the GDPR
- The key enhancements from the DPA
- What it means for your business
- What happens if you get it wrong
- How and where to start preparing
Notes will be made available to delegates.
By the end of this sessions, delegates will:
- Have a clear understanding of the foundations of the GDPR
- Have a better understanding of the implications of the GDPR on their business
- Know how to begin planning their compliance work to meet the requirements of the GDPR
Andy Larkum has over 16 years’ experience in the IT industry. In recent years, he has specialised in Cyber Security and GDPR.
As well as working with the IFA, Andy also provides GDPR seminars and webinars on behalf of Mercia, SWAT UK, Quorum Training and the Institute of Directors. He has delivered consultancy to a range of industry sectors including accountants, financial software developers, schools, construction and research companies.
An accomplished speaker, Andy excels at making this often confusing topic clear and accessible to both the knowledgeable and the uninitiated alike.