Payroll Update 2019
Currently all information related to the running of the payroll, such as the latest rates and thresholds plus guidance is held on Gov.uk. It is often difficult to find and not always consistent. Furthermore since the introduction of Real Time Information, some of HM Revenue and Customs procedures have radically changed. Many employers have not realised that some key processes have changed which has led to critical errors and in some cases punitive penalties. This half day workshop will ensure that those running client payrolls are well prepared on all the latest changes for the forthcoming tax year. It will also focus on some of the common payroll errors that often occur and how to avoid them and look at some of the key procedures that have changed. Programme:
- Finishing the tax year
- What’s new for 2019/20 - tax rates and thresholds, introduction of Welsh income tax, National Insurance rates and thresholds, Statutory payment rates; SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP and ShPP, PAYE threshold and emergency tax code, Student loan thresholds, rates and new Post Graduate loans
- Termination Payments - the latest position
- Real Time Information - common errors and pitfalls - new starters - the correct process - Leavers - payments after leaving
- Employment Allowance changes
- Changes to Holiday Pay calculations
- Itemised Pay Statement changes
This workshop is suitable for all levels of payroll administration and those responsible for running client payrolls who need to know what challenges payroll face for 2019/20.
About the speaker
Linda Pullan has many years of hands on experience as the former Payroll and Expenses Manager of the Daily Telegraph. She has spent over 25 years designing, writing and delivering payroll training courses and qualifications. She was head of Payroll Alliance from 2006 to 2018.
She currently works as a freelance payroll consultant, trainer and technical writer and is one of the updating authors for the LexisNexis Payroll Fact File. She is a member of the IReeN committee electronic exchange user group for employers.
She is also an associate member of the British Computer Society Payroll Specialist Group. She is a regular speaker at payroll conferences including the IFA Conferences held in 2018 and is a regular contributor to payroll magazines. She holds the Strathearn Award for Lifetime Achievement. She was voted one of the top 100 in Reward in 2017 and one of the top 100 in Payroll (as part of the Reward 300) by Reward Strategy magazine in 2018.