What is an affiliate?
An affiliate is a non-IFA member who is a director, partner or LLP member in a firm regulated and supervised by the IFA.
Benefits of becoming an affiliate
As an affiliate you will receive the following benefits:
- A hard copy of our bi-monthly magazine, Financial Accountant and access to previous soft copies within the benefits area.
- Access to Regional branch meetings featuring expert speakers,
- Invitations to national IFA conferences at member rates
- Invitations to IFA workshops and other CPD events at member rates.
- Dedicated technical support and advice via our strategic partners.
- Regular IFA email updates.
- Access to CPD via IFA Direct, an online modular study programme which also provides the ability to gain full membership of the IFA.
- Be bound by the Institute’s Articles, bye-laws and regulations.
- Pay the prescribed fees.
- Be bound by the Institute’s regulatory, supervisory, monitoring and disciplinary requirements and other requirements detailed in the IFA bye-laws.
Affiliates are strongly encouraged to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) but are not required to adhere to the IFA’s Continuing Professional Development Regulations.
Basic criminal records and disclosure check
A basic criminal records and disclosure check (DBS), in accordance with the Money Laundering Regulations, is required for all affiliates. You can obtain a DBS through the government website or you can use our specifically chosen partner, GentiumUK Ltd. You can indicate in the member application form where you want GentiumUK Ltd to undertake this for you. If you choose to use GentiumUK Ltd we shall supply your name and email address to them, and they will make contact to request the relevant information from you in order for them to conduct a basic criminal records and disclosure check. GentiumUK Ltd will charge you a one-off fee to carry out this check.
You are strongly encouraged to respond to any requests from GentiumUK Ltd in a timely manner to avoid any delay in the processing of your affiliate approval. Failure to respond in a timely manner could seriously impact your firm’s compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations.
If you would like to apply for affiliate status, please contact the membership team on 020 3567 5999 or at firstname.lastname@example.org