Become an IFA member
To join the IFA, you must be able to meet one of our Routes to membership. If you feel you meet one of the entry routes you can apply by completing the UK or overseas membership application form.
If you are in public practice offering accountancy services in the UK you will be required to obtain either an IFA practising certificate or an IFA tax practising certificate under the IFA bye-laws. You can apply for a practising certificate using the membership application form.
You can also email our Membership team or call them on +44 (0)20 3567 5999 to find out more.
Benefits of membership
We provide our members with all the necessary tools to operate successfully as Financial Accountants providing compliance and planning expertise to SMEs and we're the only professional accountancy body that provides dedicated support to SMEs and SMPs.
With us, you have a wealth of experience and a streamlined focus that allows you to perform your accountancy duties to the best of your ability.
Among the many benefits you can expect are:
- Use of designatory letters including access to specific IFA logos for use on your stationery and website.
- Dual membership of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) of Australia.
- Exclusive access to a hard copy of our bi-monthly magazine, Financial Accountant and access to previous soft copies within the benefits area.
- Member benefits spanning technical support and advice including online CPD training and the Institute of Business Ethics's e-learning tool - understanding business ethics.
- Technical resources which cover AML to tax and include a suite of example engagement and disengagement letters.
- Regional branch meetings featuring expert speakers.
- National events and networking opportunities.