Provisional associate membership
Provisional associate membership is designed to provide support, guidance and recognition to graduates and other recently qualified accountants who meet our education requirements but lack three years relevant accounting work experience.
By beginning your association with the IFA you will:
- Gain increased recognition and marketability in a competitive job market
- Show employers that you are serious about your career
- Continue your professional development in accounting and finance
You must provide evidence of one of the following:
- Completed a UK or overseas accountancy degree approved by the IFA,
- Completed and passed modules in IFA Direct.
- A UK accountancy qualification approved by the IFA.
- An overseas accountancy qualification approved by the IFA.
- Membership of another accountancy body where membership has been achieved through education.
If you have completed an accountancy course but are unsure whether the course meets the entry requirements, please refer to routes to membership.
Among the many benefits you can expect are:
- To be able to refer to yourself as a Provisional Associate member of the IFA.
- Free IFA UK and International webinars and regional networking meetings to learn and network with accountants and potential employers
- A range of relevant CPD workshops and webinars.
- Free printed copy of Financial Accountant our member magazine, six times a year delivered direct to your door.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the lastest news, articles and opinion on accounting, finance and business from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Exclusive offers from our carefully chosen strategic partners.
- Technical resources covering AML.
- Early bird discounts on annual conference tickets.
How to join
The annual fee for Provisional Associate membership is £60.00, irrespective of where you live.
There is no application fee to apply for PAM, however, you will need to pay an application fee when you upgrade to Associate.
How do I become an Associate member?
To become an Associate member you will need to demonstrate that you have achieved three years’ relevant accountancy experience and provide a copy of your CV as supporting evidence.
You will need to complete an application form and pay an application fee.
Once approved you will be granted Associate membership of the IFA and the Institute of Public Accountants of Australia. You will be able to use the designatory letters AFA & MIPA and the describer yourself as a “Financial Accountant” and receive access to a range of additional benefits.