Become an IFA provisional associate
This grade of membership is designed to provide support, guidance and recognition to graduates and other recently qualified accountants who meet our education requirements but lack three years relevant accounting work experience.
You must provide evidence of one of the following:
- Completed and passed modules in IFA Direct.
- Completed a UK or overseas accountancy degree approved by the IFA,
- A UK accountancy qualification approved by the IFA.
- An overseas accountancy qualification approved by the IFA.
- Membership of another accountancy body where membership has been achieved through education.
If you have completed an accountancy course but are unsure whether the course meets the entry requirements, please refer to routes to membership.
By beginning your association with the IFA you will differentiate yourself in a competitive job market, demonstrating to prospective employers that you take your career seriously as an accountant.
In addition to the enhancement in your recognition and marketability, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Be able to refer to yourself as a Provisional Associate member of the IFA.
- A printed copy of our bi-monthly magazine, Financial Accountant and access to previous soft copies within the benefits area.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the lastest news and advice from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Access to regional branch meetings giving you the opportunity to network with members and learn from external professional advisers.
- Discounted rates to regional conferences, workshops and webinars.
How to join
The annual cost for Provisional Associate Membership is £60.00, irrespective of where you live.
There is no application fee to apply for this level of membership, however, you will need to pay an application fee when you upgrade to Associate.
How do I become an Associate member?
To upgrade you will need to demonstrate that you have achieved three years’ relevant accountancy experience and provide a copy of your CV as supporting evidence. Once approved you will be granted “full” Associate membership of the IFA and the Institute of Public Accountants of Australia. You will be able to use the designatory letters AFA & MIPA and the describer yourself as a “Financial Accountant”. You will also receive access to a range of additional benefits.