T Level Qualifications

T Level qualifications 

T Level (Technical) qualifications are being introduced by UK government and will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to 3 A Levels.

These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to provide skills and knowledge to progress to skilled employment, higher level study or an apprenticeship. They will be taught in schools and colleges alongside traditional A Levels.

All T Levels will include an industry placement with an employer so that students can apply their learning in a real workplace environment. Around 80% of time will be spent in the classroom with remaining 20% being spent on placement.

Structure of a T Level

T Level courses will include the following compulsory elements:

  • a technical qualification, which will include:

                   - core theory, concepts and skills for an industry area

                   - specialist skills and knowledge for an occupation or career

  • an industry placement with an employer 
  • a minimum standard in maths and English if students have not already achieved them


A finance T Level is expected to be introduced in 2022.

To find out more about T Levels visit www.gov.uk and search ‘T Levels’.