How to renew your membership/practising certificate
The deadline for submission of your annual member return and payment of your fees was 31 December 2020.
In order to renew your membership all you have to do is:
- Complete your member return.
- Pay your membership fee via your member dashboard
If you are in practice and renewing your practising certificate you will also need to:
- Pay your practising certificate fee via your member dashboard.
- Pay your firm fee to ensure you are supervised by the IFA for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations (MLR) 2017, complete your firm return and any subsequent affiliate returns (if applicable); or
- Confirm who your AML supervisory body is, if different from last year, and attach a copy of your professional indemnity insurance (PII) to the supporting icon section within your member dashboard.
Accessing your member dashboard
- Go to www.ifa.org.uk
- Go to the login icon at the top right of the screen.
- Enter your IFA membership number.
- Enter your password.
- Complete your annual declaration.
- Ensure your personal details and contact details are up to date.
- Ensure your professional interests are up to date.
- Ensure your CPD records are up to date.
- Select Annual Payment from the options on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Follow the guidance and make payment in full or set up instalments.
We will send your 2021 practising certificate once all fees are paid, your annual member return, your annual firm return and any subsequent affiliate returns (if applicable) are completed.
Completing your member return and firm return is an annual mandatory requirement as set out in the IFA bye-laws and Membership, member firms, affiliates and student regulations.
If you believe there is any reason why you are unable to meet your member obligations, including incapacity, you must inform the IFA immediately.
Benefits of membership
- Use of designatory letters and IFA logos to use on your stationery and website.
- Dual membership of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) of Australia.
- Free printed members' magazine, Financial Accountant six times a year delivered direct to your door.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the latest news, articles and opinion from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Exclusive offers from our carefully chosen partners.
- Technical resources which cover AML to tax and include a suite of example engagement and disengagement letters.
- Online Branch meetings featuring expert speakers and offering the opportunity to network.
- A range of relevant CPD workshops and webinars.