General resources: contracts, pensions, well being
Online news and features from Financial Accountant magazine and around the web.
The IFA recommends ICSA's initial guidance about AGMs and the Stay at Home Measures which has been reviewed by BEIS.
A diagnostic tool to help small businesses navigate times of disruption, covering two key areas of financial management tasks and strategic management tasks. While not intended to be an exhaustive checklist of requirements it will help identify priority actions for immediate attention.
McKinsey & Company
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying ahead of the risks
- A summary of Government measures to help businesses
- Access to government grants - £3,000 grant for businesses that do not pay business rates to help them survive the coronavirus pandemic
- Access to business interruption loan
- Reclaiming of Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
Personal finance website helpful advice on being furloughed and benefits.
International legal updates, analysis and insights.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 and frustration: Is your contract at risk?
- Coronavirus FAQ: Key corporate and commercial considerations
The Pensions Regulator
This new guidance recognises that:
- from 1 July 2020, staff on furlough under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme may work part of the time for their employer
- for claims starting on or after 1 August 2020, employers will no longer be able to claim a grant for up to the statutory minimum automatic enrolment (AE) employer contribution.
Trustees of both defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) schemes, employers and administrators should focus their activities on the key risks to pension savers:
- benefits need to be paid
- the risk of scams needs to be minimised
- employers need to continue contributing
- savers need support to make good decisions in these challenging circumstances
- some administrative breaches of the law may occur and TPR will maintain a proportionate and fair approach to any action it may take.
Frequently updated, comprehensive page listing travel restrictions by country or territory for passengers and airline crew. There may be restrictions on entry, changes to visa exemptions, and requirements for testing or quarantine.
Well being, help and advice
A network of independent charities throughout the UK that give free, confidential information and advice to help people with issues like benefits, employment, debt, housing, relationships and lots more.
Contact your local office for online and telephone advice. The best time to speak to the Citizens Advice is as soon as possible, so that you can take a proactive look at how to deal with things like debt, before it starts to get worse.
NHS well being
Advice, tips and tools to help you make the best choices about your health and wellbeing.
Reliable information and tips to help you cope with worrying about what COVID-19 means for yourself and your loved ones. Those already living with mental health problems are facing extra challenges too.
Public Health England
Guidance for the public on practical steps people can take to look after their mental wellbeing and specific guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 outbreak.