How to create policies & procedures
RECORDING AVAILABLE: To purchase recordings, please contact [email protected]
Webinar 2 - How to create policies & procedures
This webinar will:
- Briefly look at the regulations and the common areas members struggle with regarding the writing of policies and procedures.
- Show you how to write a policy document by taking a step-by-step approach using a template covering the main elements, including the role and responsibilities of the MLRO and internal and external reporting (SARs).
- Share experiences of the AML Review team to help you write and maintain policies and procedures.
Who should attend this webinar?All members and accounting professionals wishing to
- Write policies and procedures that are fit for purpose and support your practice.
- Follow a templated approach to the writing of policies and procedures.
- Refresh their knowledge in this ever-changing regulatory area.
Date: Wednesday 4 October 2023
Time: 9.30am - 12pm
CPD hours: 2.5
IFA members - £70
Non-members - £90
About the speakers
Tim has a wealth of experience spanning over 30 years in accountancy and regulatory environments where he was responsible for overseeing disciplinary functions and AML supervision.
As Acting Director of Professional Standards at the IFA Tim is responsible for regulatory issues relating to members in public practice as well as oversight of the practice monitoring process.
Prior to working for a professional accountancy body Tim spent time in public practice, working as a management accountant for the NHS as well as numerous roles in industry and the voluntary sector. Tim is also a member of the International Compliance Association (ICA) and holds the ICA International Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering.
Working for the IFA as a skilled Anti-Money Laundering Reviewer, David’s role is to work closely with accountancy firms and scrutinise how anti money laundering/terrorist financing legislation is intrinsically linked to the working practices of the firm.
David guides firms through the legislative complexities of the AML Regulations 2017 in order to enable full compliance. David is a skilled investigator with 22 years' experience as a police officer in both the Metropolitian and Northumbria police forces.