Financial reporting quarterly update Q4
The preparation of financial statements and annual statutory accounts is a constant part of an accountant's role – especially those working for a small business or advising them. Keep up to date with the changes in financial reporting requirements as well as any small changes in the accounting treatment of many differing areas by registering for these quarterly updates.
The course will look at challenges practitioners face regarding dealing with the current UK risk and compliance landscape: including major changes effecting Companies House; the impact of de-banking, the fast-moving world of money laundering compliance; and current financial reporting issues and problems.
1 ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
- Updated FATF ‘Grey’ List of Enhanced Risk Regimes
- New Suspicious Activity Reporting Portal Goes Live at the NCA
- Updated CCAB Guidance
- Anti-Bribery a Brief Reminder
- Interaction with Data Protection
- Being Open about Enhanced Risk Clients
- Use of Search Engines as Part of the Client Due Diligence (CDD) Process
- Asking the Right Questions at Onboarding
2 CLIENT DE-BANKING
- Overview of the Issue
- Impact on Going Concern of Entities Affected
- Warning Against Providing Banking Services
3 ECONOMIC CRIME AND COPORATE TRANSPARANCY BILL
- Impact on Companies House Powers
- Losing the ability to ‘Fillet’ Small and Micro Financial Statements
- Impact on CoSec Services
- Other Practical Considerations.
4 FINANCIAL REPORTING ISSUES
- Amendments to FRS 102 and FRS 101 and Why for Most Practitioners they are Not Relevant
- Common Improvements that Need to Made to Accounting Policies
- How to Deal with Material Errors in Prior Year Accounts
- What is an Exceptional Item and How to We Deal with It
- Getting the Analysis of Expenses Correct
- Using the Detailed Profit and Loss Account as a ‘Warning’ of Possible Disclosure Errors and Ommissions in the Body of the Financial Statements.
Date: Wednesday 6 December 2023
Time: 10am - 12pm
CPD hours: 2
IFA members - £55
Non-members - £79
Interested in all 4? Why not purchase our 2023 Financial reporting quarterly update webinars at a discounted bundle offer of £198 for all IFA members, Contact [email protected] for more information.
About the speaker
Matthew Shaw is the Managing Director of Metis Compliance Limited. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
He has spent over 23 years in technical and training, previously being the technical director of the HAT Group of Accountants (HAT).
Matthew has lectured to accountants in practice, accountants in industry and financial institutions on UK financial reporting. He also spearheaded HAT’s response to FRS 102 and FRS 102 Section 1A, preparing disclosure checklists and work programmes.