Become an Associate Tax Adviser ATA
Membership at the grade of Associate Tax Adviser means you can use the designatory letters ATA after your name and refer to yourself as a Tax Adviser.
To join the Institute at this grade you will need to be able to demonstrate an accountancy and finance accountancy qualification that is at the same level and covers the same content as our IFA Direct education programme.
You will also need to demonstrate at least 3 years' relevant work experience.
Associate members must meet the Institute's CPD requirements.
Among the many benefits you can expect are:
- Use of designatory letters and IFA logos to use on your stationery and website.
- Free printed members' magazine, Financial Accountant six times a year delivered direct to your door.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the lastest news, articles and opinion from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Exclusive offers from our carefully chosen partners.
- Technical resources which cover AML to tax and include a suite of example engagement and disengagement letters.
- IFA regional networking events in 15 locations across the country featuring expert speakers and offering the opportunity to network.
- A range of relevant CPD workshops and webinars.
- Early bird discounts on annual conference tickets.
Members at ATA grade based in the UK offering services to the public for reward will be required to apply for an IFA tax practising certificate, achieve a UK tax qualification equivalent to the tax units detailed in the IFA Direct education programme and are expected to gain the appropriate technical theory.