Become an IFA associate tax adviser
We provide our members with all the necessary tools to operate successfully as Tax Advisers providing compliance and planning expertise to SMEs and we're the only professional accountancy body that provides dedicated support to SMEs and SMPs.
With us, you have a wealth of experience and a streamlined focus that allows you to perform your taxation duties to the best of your ability.
Among the many benefits you can expect are:
- Use of designatory letters and IFA logos to use on your stationery and website.
- Free printed members' magazine, Financial Accountant six times a year delivered direct to your door.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the lastest news, articles and opinion from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Exclusive offers from our carefully chosen partners.
- Technical resources which cover AML to tax and include a suite of example engagement and disengagement letters.
- Branch meetings in 15 locations across the country featuring expert speakers and offering the opportunity to network.
- A range of relevant CPD workshops and webinars.
- Early bird discounts on annual conference tickets.
How to join
To join the IFA, you must be able to meet one of our Routes to membership. If you feel you meet one of the entry routes you can apply by completing the UK or overseas membership application form.
If you are in public practice offering accountancy services in the UK you will be required to obtain either an IFA practising certificate or an IFA tax practising certificate under the IFA bye-laws. You can apply for a practising certificate using the membership application form.
You can also email our Membership team or call them on +44 (0)20 3567 5999 to find out more.