Become a Fellow Tax Adviser FTA
Membership at the grade of Fellow Tax Adviser means you can use the designatory letters FTA after your name and refer to yourself as aTax Adviser.
FTA is the Institute’s highest tax adviser grade of membership available. You will have been working in a senior role in the tax profession for no fewer than 10 years, the last five at a senior level in taxation.
You can only become a Fellow Tax Adviser of the Institute by:
- having been a member for seven consecutive years at ATA level;
- continued to meet the Institute's CPD requirements; and
- being able to demonstrate relevant work experience, or equivalent from another recognised professional accountancy body.
Among the many benefits you can expect are:
- Use of designatory letters and IFA logos to use on your stationery and website.
- Free printed members' magazine, Financial Accountant six times a year delivered direct to your door.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the lastest news, articles and opinion from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Exclusive offers from our carefully chosen partners.
- Technical resources which cover AML to tax and include a suite of example engagement and disengagement letters.
- IFA regional networking events in 15 locations across the country featuring expert speakers and offering the opportunity to network.
- A range of relevant CPD workshops and webinars.
- Early bird discounts on annual conference tickets.
Members at FTA grade based in the UK offering services to the public for reward will be required to apply for a practising certificate, achieve a UK tax qualification equivalent to the tax units detailed in the IFA Direct education programme and are expected to gain the appropriate technical theory.