If you think a firm appears to be ignoring the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, you can contact the IFA confidentially. If information is provided to us on a confidential basis, we will take the appropriate steps to protect your identity.
Firms supervised by the IFA
If you come across an accountancy firm or trust and company service provider, that is supervised by the IFA and appears to be ignoring the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 regulations, you can report this to us in confidence. If information is provided to us on a confidential basis, we will take the appropriate steps to protect your identity.
To assist us with your concern please complete the IFA’s complaints form and provide as much information as possible, together with any documentary information. Please send the completed complaints form and supporting information to:
Martyn Durbidge firstname.lastname@example.org
Disciplinary Case Manager
Institute of Financial Accountants
CS111, Clerkenwell Workshops
27-31 Clerkenwell Close
London EC1R 0AT
Alternatively, if you know or suspect that an IFA member, student, affiliate or member firm (or their employee(s)) is involved in dishonest or serious misconduct or are unsure about whether you should raise a concern, you may want to contact the IFA by email email@example.com or phone +44 (0)20 3567 5999 to report your concerns.
How we will use the information
Depending on the information you have provided, we may take different types of action in the future, including:
- keeping the information for future use;
- using the information to supervise a firm more closely; or
- using the information as part of a formal investigation and disciplinary process of a particular firm.
How will we keep you informed?
We will write to you to confirm receipt of your information within five working days of receipt and may continue to write to you throughout the process.
Firms not supervised by the IFA
If you come across an accountancy firm or trust and company service provider, that does not appear to be supervised under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 or appears to be ignoring the regulations and isn’t supervised by the IFA you can:
- Contact the relevant supervisory body and tell them what you know.
- Check HMRC’s supervised business register or the Financial Conduct Authority register for their supervisor’s details and refer them accordingly.
- If you can’t find the name of a known supervisor, please email HMRC MLR Central Intervention Team at MLRCIT@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk.