Social media terms and conditions
By using or accessing our social media channels, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions.
Follows, likes, re-tweets, links or other types of interaction with third-parties does not imply endorsement of that website, content, social media presence, service or person by the IFA. Similarly, the IFA does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted by others to or from IFA social media channels.
While the IFA believes in transparency when using social media, does not wish to stifle discussion, and will not remove comments or block people for differences in opinion or genuine complaint, we reserve the right to remove any comments that don't adhere to the terms outlined below and to moderate or block anyone who is seen to be breaching them.
The following types of comments will not be tolerated and will be removed immediately:
- violations of privacy or intellectual property rights
- abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- language that is hateful, targets race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- language that is fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- trolling or deliberately disrupting discussion, spamming or link-baiting
- violations of any intellectual property rights
- commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
Please note that the IFA does not provide professional advice of any kind via social media and that use of such advice or any other information is solely at your own risk and without IFA's liability of any kind.