About IFA Direct
IFA Direct is administered in partnership with ATHE, a global awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual.
The programme is delivered through a network of ATHE recognised centres and you can choose your preferred centre. You will have access to the centre’s secure online portal throughout your study.
You can study more than one unit at a time over 4-6 week period and as they run continuously you can roll off one unit straight on to another meaning you never have to wait before starting a new subject. The whole programme can be undertaken is as little as 18 months or should you decide you want to take a study break this can be easily arranged with your centre.
Units provide challenging and relevant learning with flexible methods of assessment allowing tutors to select the most appropriate method for their learners.
Support throughout your study
IFA Direct is designed so that you can easily study around other commitments. It gives you the full support of an expert academic adviser and online materials which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Personalised programme guidance
Your chosen centre will provide a bespoke learning plan and will support and guide you throughout your studies.
You will receive online tutorial support from an expert academic adviser. The number of hours of tuition is dependent upon the credit value and guided learning hours (GLH) for each individual unit.
For definitions of credit value and guided learning hours (GLH) please see Routes to IFA membership.
The units incorporate:
- online lectures
- online resources for example, ebooks, presentations, recorded webinars, handouts, case studies, quizzes, and articles
- personalised learning plans
- e-books and presentations
- tests to prepare you for the assessment
- supervised independent learning
- unit certification on successful completion
Throughout each unit you will also need to undertake some independent study. The number of hours you devote to self-study is dependent on the credit value of each individual unit but on average you need to devote 7 to 14 hours per week.
As everyone learns at a different rate there may be a variation in the actual time taken to complete a unit and the number of hours detailed per unit is only a guide.
Ethics is embedded within the syllabus to develop high ethical standards within IFA membership.
Access to IFA resources
You will also have access to:
- A downloadable PDF of Financial Accountant the IFA's magazine – six times a year.
- Access to events to help you keep up to date with important issues in the accounting world and the opportunity to network with other professionals.
- Member-only technical resources area of the IFA website.