Lapsing, relinquishing and re-admission
Failure to make payment of your annual membership fees will result in the lapsing of your membership. If this happens, you will lose access to your membership benefits and will be unable to use the designatory letters after your name.
If you are supervised by the IFA for compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations as an IFA member firm and you do not pay either your membership or firm fee, both your membership and firm will lapse.
To relinquish your membership, practising certificate and/or firm membership please:c
- Complete and return the relinquishing form.
- Send your request in writing by email.
- Return your membership and/or practising certificates.
By relinquishing your membership you will lose all access to your membership benefits and will be unable to use the designatory letters after your name.
Re-admission within two years of lapsing/resigning
To be re-admitted into membership within two years of lapsing or resigning simply:
- complete the membership re-admission form;
- pay the outstanding membership fee; and
- pay the re-admission fee of £160.
Your membership will then be reinstated.
If you are offering accountancy services for reward in the UK you will be required to complete a new membership application form and meet our current routes to membership criteria.
Re-admission after more than two years of lapsing/resigning
To be re-admitted into membership after more than two years of lapsing or resigning you will need to:
- complete a new membership application form;
- pay the membership and application fees: and
- meet our current routes to membership criteria.
In accordance with our Bye-laws, Fellows who have lapsed or resigned will only be re-admitted at Associate level having incurred a break in membership. You can re-apply to upgrade to Fellow after achieving the required five years' continuous membership.
Please call the membership team on +44 (0)20 3567 5999 to discuss your re-admission.