Upgrade your membership
In order to upgrade your membership, you must meet the minimum requirements for that grade of membership.
Upgrading from AFA/ATA to FFA/FTA
Being a Fellow is the highest grade of membership attainable within the IFA. It enhances your credentials and demonstrates your commitment to the profession.
When you become a Fellow you’ll benefit from:
- Dual membership designations for the IFA and IPA – FFA/FIPA.
- Fellow certificates from both the IFA and IPA.
- Increased recognition locally and globally
- Standing out in a competitive market.
To upgrade from Associate to Fellow you must:
- be a member in good standing;
- have five years' uninterrupted membership of the IFA at Associate level; and
- have experience in accountancy or related field of not less than ten years’, the last five years of which being at a senior level in accountancy.
How to upgrade
Upgrading is free of charge. Once your membership has been upgraded the annual Fellow membership fee will apply.
Simply send a covering note quoting your membership number and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or post to:
Institute of Financial Accountants
CS111, Clerkenwell Workshops
27-31 Clerkenwell Close
Farringdon, London EC1R 0AT
Upgrading from Provisional Associate to Associate AFA/ATA
To upgrade you will need to demonstrate that you have achieved three years’ relevant accountancy experience and provide a copy of your CV as supporting evidence.
You will need to complete an application form and pay an application fee.
Once approved you will be granted Associate membership of the IFA and the Institute of Public Accountants of Australia. You will be able to use the designatory letters AFA and or ATA & MIPA and the describe yourself as a “Financial Accountant” and receive access to a range of additional benefits.