Become an Associate Financial Accountant AFA MIPA
Membership at the grade of Associate Financial Accountant means you can use the designatory letters AFA MIPA after your name and refer to yourself as a Financial Accountant.
To join the Institute at this grade you will need to be able to demonstrate an accountancy and finance accountancy qualification that is at the same level and covers the same content as our IFA Direct education programme.
You will also need to demonstrate at least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
Associate members must meet the Institute's CPD requirements.
Among the many benefits you can expect are:
- Use of designatory letters and IFA logos to use on your stationery and website.
- Dual membership of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) of Australia.
- Free printed members' magazine, Financial Accountant six times a year delivered direct to your door.
- A weekly enewsletter drawing together the lastest news, articles and opinion from Financial Accountant digital our online content platform.
- Exclusive offers from our carefully chosen partners.
- Technical resources which cover AML to tax and include a suite of example engagement and disengagement letters.
- Online IFA regional networking events featuring expert speakers and offering the opportunity to network.
- A range of relevant CPD workshops and webinars.
- Early bird discounts on annual conference tickets.
Members at AFA MIPA grade based in the UK offering services to the public for reward will be required to apply for an IFA practising certificate. You will need to meet the IFA practising certificate eligibility criteria and are expected to gain the appropriate technical theory.